Mr. and Mrs. L., married for more than 60 years, lived alone in their home on Long Island. Their children lived in different states; the closest live in New Jersey. Mr. L. had advanced cancer, though Mrs. L. was in denial.
AMR Care Group Team provided the following for the L.’s:
- Arranged for a licensed Home Health Aide.
- Brought in hospice
- Arranged for an in-home psychotherapist for Mrs. L.
After Mr. L. died, Mrs. L., a former Librarian, wanted to continue to live at home. AMR Care Group then:
- Arranged for a Companion a few times per week for errands and taking Mrs. L. to doctors.
- Installed a medical alert system.
- Replaced Mrs. L.’s broken rolling walker.
- Visited one to two times per month and monitored Mrs. L.’s quality of life.
- Brought in talking books.
Mrs. L. was hospitalized a few times due to a rare disorder. While in the hospital and rehabilitation, we were able to advocate on her behalf and communicate with her family. AMR Care Group geriatric care managers continue to visit Mrs. L. at home and provide communication and comfort to her family.